- Open a tube of ready-to-bake biscuit dough, mini biscuit dough, or prepare your own homemade dough.
- Cut the dough into bite sized pieces. Using mini biscuits, I cut each biscuit into fourths.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pot to 350°F.
- Carefully drop biscuits in, a few at a time. You want to have room in the pot for them to float around. I used my smallest pot and did five donuts at a time. I also used wooden chopsticks to maneuver my donuts, but if you're not chopstick-profficient you can use small tongs or a fork.
- Allow the donuts to cook a minute or two on each side. I found that most of mine flipped on their own when they were done on one side, but some needed to be manually flipped.
- Carefully remove cooked donuts to a plate or bowl lined with paper towels to drain, and repeat for the remaining dough.
- Once cooled, roll in your choice of powdered sugar, cinnamon, granule sugar, or enjoy plain!