Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The best homeschool scheduler I've found!

I have been homeschooling in some form for the past five years, since N was preschool-aged. I have tried every scheduler/tracker I can find. I've done hard copy on paper, I've done spreadsheets, I've done apps. I haven't really liked anything. Hard copy wasn't bad, but I hate my handwriting and editing ability left something to be desired. Spreadsheets were okay, but I couldn't access them on the go very easily. Apps always lacked something. Finally a fellow homeschool friend suggested I try Skedtrack™.

Ahhh, the clouds parted, the sun shone down! It is everything I have wanted in a scheduler/tracker, and it's free! It's easy to input and edit, it tracks time and attendance, it keeps grades, it creates reports. It's easy to use with more than one child. And best of all, perhaps: if you don't get an assignment done, it automatically moves it to the next scheduled day for that subject and bumps everything else back so you don't have to worry about scrambling to catch up or else manually change your whole schedule for that subject. If you do catch up and complete the next assignment, just mark both done and the schedule automatically puts everything back into place for the upcoming days. I cannot tell you how great this feature is, especially with two little ones running around. Let's be honest: not everything we schedule is completed on the scheduled day, and having a program that automatically adjusts to that is invaluable.

Another bonus to this program is that it is accessible on any computer, tablet, or smart phone. I haven't used it on my phone, since the small screen would make inputing and editing a little tiresome, but in a pinch or simply to mark assignments done, it's great to have the option.

I really can't say enough about how much I am loving this program. The site is neat and clean, accessible through easy links and tabs, and the FAQ section is great. I had one suggestion about login time outs and I heard back from customer service within hours. If you've been on the lookout for a homeschool scheduler and tracker, I highly, highly suggest Skedtrack™!

No comments:

Post a Comment